Monday, June 9, 2008

Got to get started...

I read something the other day about being successful. It went something like this...

You don't score touchdowns by worrying about how far you have to move the ball. You put points on the board by focusing on an objective, seeing yourself where you want to be - then hauling ass to get there.

You don't complain when times are tough. Nor do you expect anyone or anything else to do the job for you - but you willingly and graciously accept help when it comes. Sometimes help comes in mysterious ways, so be open to it.

Even so, a coach of mine said something profound one day when I was feeling sorry for myself. "Don't expect God to get you out of bed in the morning." Guess, I got to get started by myself huh?

We have all had days where we just don't know if we can accomplish what we need to do. For me today is one of those days, but unless we start moving in some direction, we will never find the place we need to go or the thing that we want.

So take a deep breath and get started, no one else is going to do it for you.

Til next time...

No comments: