Friday, June 13, 2008

Whew.....

I was just looking around my office, and after getting over the shock of boxes piled three feet high around the perimeter of my office, six "2do" lists and a pad full of phone calls to make... I just went whew!

Many people go through life filled with resentment and bitterness about what isn't working, what they don't have, what they wish they had, what other people have that they don't have, and so on.

I really think that this is the wrong orientation toward life. Perhaps a better orientation is to begin with what you DO have and build from there.

It's human nature to take note of our weaknesses and fret about what we cannot do...

But you will find that if you take an inventory of your strengths and build upon them. IF you focus on what you can do - then make plans to turn the things you cannot do into things you can do - even if it means enlisting the help of others.

There are many things I cannot currently do that I get done but because I'm willing to allow others to help me. Knowing this allows me to focus on what I do best - and if I continually do what I do best - I'll get more accomplished in less time.

Have a great weekend, and better Fathers Day
Til next time....

No comments: