Sunday, November 9, 2008

A quiz...

I am your constant companion.
I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden.
I will push you onward or drag you down to failure.

Any guesses yet? No!? I'll keep going.

I am completely at your command. Half the things you do you might just as well turn over to me, and I will be able to do them quickly and correctly. I am easily managed-you must merely be firm with me. Show me exactly how you want something done, and after a few lessons, I will do it automatically. I am the servant of all great people, and alas, of failures as well. Those who are failures, I have made failures. I am not a machine, though I work with all the precision of a machine plus the intelligence of a human being. You may run me for a profit or turn me of ruin-it makes no difference to me. Be easy with me and I will destroy you. Take me, train me, be firm with me, and I will place the world at your feet.

Who am I?

I am habit


2008 is almost over. There are about eight weeks left.
It has been said that the average American gains ten pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years?

Ten pounds.

Now I'm not sure how accurate that statistic is -- but what I am sure about is that most people do gain some weight and don't lose it again. So even if it's only 3 or 4 lbs, that can add up fast...But here's the kicker ... your body doesn't know it's the holidays.Your physiology doesn't change just because it's the holidays.

There's absolutely no reason why - with eight weeks to go - you can't actually lose weight over that time frame.

Actually - with a good nutritional approach, and a solid training plan - even allowing you to "cheat" 10% of the time and enjoy some parties, there is absolutely no reason why you can't lose at least ten pounds by December 31st.

Let's take Thanksgiving completely off. Let's add in a Christmas or Hanukah party and maybe three more family parties or get-togethers.That's five days completely off. No diet - no training.

Enjoy it!
But that also means seven weeks on!

Don't you think it's time to start some new habits before the first of the year? You just might be surprised how well you do.

Til next time...

No comments: