Saturday, December 1, 2007

There still is magic in the world...

One of the many things that is pretty cool about my place is that I have very large windows, and can see for miles. The snow really is a beautiful thing, until you have to drive in it. Thankfully, I wont be doing too much of that today.

As we grow up we are taught to mature (sometimes too quickly) and leave behind our fantasies and belief in magic around us in the world. We live in a society where science is worshiped. The new reality is about facts and what we can see and feel because that is what everyone else believes.

However, as I watch the snow fall, I am convinced that there is real magic in the world. Sure there are books that can show you how to tap into it and draw out what you desire…"The Secret" comes to mind.

My folks were always big on me taking responsibility for myself – and that the age of responsibility and reasoning was around 7. So when I first heard that I was responsible for everything in my life, I initially accepted that and began to beat up on myself for every failure and setback. What was harder for me was to take credit for the powerful results I had created and accept that I could manifest what I wanted at any level imaginable.

Over the years I’ve learned that being responsible for everything in your life isn’t about blame or even boasting for every success, but simply acknowledging the connection between what you do and don’t do and how that yields the results you get.

Although you may at first be intimidated and feel reluctant to remove the shield of blaming others and events beyond your control, the truth is that taking full responsibility is the fastest and most powerful way to change what you don’t like and add to what you do want in your life.

After all if something bad happens and you didn’t do it, how can you truly fix it? As the creator or your reality, you can take charge and focus your energy on what will get you the results you want and learn to avoid what won’t.

Imagine how difficult it would be to learn how to ride a bike if you blamed every spill on the pavement, or the bike, or on obstacles that got in you way. Instead, you practice how to balance, how to steer, when to use the brakes, and eventually learn how to ride a bike.

As they say, you never forget how to ride a bike once you’ve learned. Well so it is with taking charge of your life and breaking through obstacles. Once you fully understand how to create your reality, you suddenly have the ability to plot a course to your desires that will amaze you because it feels like magic.

Too often in life we hear success principles like these: “You are what you believe” or “if you say you can, you can, and if you say you can’t, you can’t”. Over time we become numb to the full meaning these principles hold for us.

It’s too easy to let conventional wisdom pack our minds full of comforting nonsense that popular culture feeds us and to overlook the richer, infinitely more powerful truth that we are only limited by our self-imposed boundaries; it is our responsibility to believe what brings us what we want.

So just like learning to ride a bike seems confusing and even painful at first, once you realize you are doing the steering, you’ll be able to finally propel yourself in the direction you want to go in life and ride around any obstacles that appear on your journey.

But now, its time to watch the snow fall…and dream….

Til next time.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Thanks, Larry. Lovely thoughts, lovely imagery....enjoy the magic thru those windows....
Suzanne